demon attcked this morning

furbabys

this morning when paul was out with the dogs ...a rotty x bermese mountain came bounding over and pinned poor demon to the floor and was biting him sad.gifsad.gif .....therre was no owners about , then suddenly they cam running over calling the dog ,all they said to paul was sorry but he ran off ...wot a t**t ..luckily demon is ok no cuts or anything ...but it could ov been a different story...

paul been paul (the big softy) put himself in the middle to try to protect demon and risked getting bit by this massive aggressive dog ...bless him biggrin.gif

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awwwwww poor demon,

people need to control their dogs.

This is happening far too often. . .

We are hearing nearly every day here on the forums of one of ours being attacked by random off lead dogs.

now multiply that by all the parks in the country someone somewhere is getting attacked everyday.

So sad

Hi

Buck was the king of the hill where we used to live it didn't matter if they were rotis, akitas or mastifs if thy were male and didn't bow down to him and were agressive he put them in their place. But if it was female it could puh it's luck and 99% get away with it.

About a month ago one of our neighbours dogs ran down to us and attacked Shaer (female Husky), Talon my male Mal attacked it to protect Shaer. We pulled them apart because Talon could have killed this dog because he is so strong.

She went around telling other neighbours it was our dogs that attacked hers. But she forgot others saw her dog attack ours first. We do not let our dogs attack other dogs but we will not stop them defending themselves.

michelle

post-1308-13585951068054_thumb.jpg

Wow, that's bad. Glad Demon's not seriously injured. Why do people let their dogs run loose? I don't get it.

I'm so glad Demon and Paul are ok, can we buy something a spray ?? like erm pepper spray to carry with us to protect our pets, i know i'd use what ever it takes to protect mine xxxx

Thats a very good idea Linda... think pepper spray should work about the same ona dog as it would ona person maybe we could try to resarch that as its sounds like a really sound idea to stop an aggressive dog in its tracks without actually doing any permenant damage!! smile.gif

O'My! Im really glad the owners did come running along so Demon didnt get hurt. Its crazy how many of us have

had close calls like this. When chewy was little we were out walking and got confronted by a staffy mix, and I

gotta say it could have been really ugly.

Xx So glad Demon came away unscathed xX

I think a baton might be a good idea. When Dakota got attacked by an unleashed pitbull, I was kicking the dog and screaming, but it wouldn't let go of Dakota's neck. I had a can of pepper spray in my hand (I carry it for the 2-legged critters, not the 4-legged ones!), and I hesitated before using it; in the panic, it did cross my mind that I would be spraying Dakota, too, and possibly me. I was still split-second debating this when the other dog finally let go. I still wonder what would have happened had I used it, wondering if I would have made things worse. I think a baton might be nice because you can physically push the dog away with it.

Here's what Dakota got out of our encounter:

gallery_436_78_61768.jpg

Yah, in our encounter, it was a case of stupid kids thinking it would be cool to keep an unneutered pit-bull with no clue how to properly train, exercise, and care for the dog. I am very lucky that animal control around here is on the ball; they first met with me, then met with the owners and provided them information and discounts for neutering and training. Well, that and a court date! Basically they gave the owners every chance for shaping up and learning to do what's right for their dog (and the rest of us). I can only hope that, for the sake of their dog (and others), they shaped up or found him a more capable home.

Dakota, on the other hand, was completely clueless that he had just gotten his butt kicked! rolleyes.gif