Need help from any Canadians out there

Tikaani&Aiyana

My partner and I are thinking of emigrating to Canada, poss Ontario.

I did an online test thing for the points and it seems we have plenty between us as he also has family who live there.

I am a qualified lecturer and hold a higher national diploma in equine studies (as well as lots of experience). My partner has his own K9 security company and trains police/military dogs.

I would ideally like to have my own livery/training and competing yard and would like to know how easy/hard it would be for me to do this?

Any hints/tips would be great!

Please help as it would be my dream come true to do this biggrin.gif

i cant help, but i would just like to say i hope it works for you.

i am a canadian living in the uk (i have lived here so long i have an english accent) most of my family have migrated back there, and sadly i can afford the move back at the moment, but as soon as i can i will.

best of luck

My Brother emigrated to Winnipeg nearly 20 years ago.

He wouldn't come back.

I've been over twice. . .and loved it,

(even got chased by a bear. . lol)

Beautiful country with the friendliest people.

If I won the lottery. . .whooooossshhhh. . .I'm there.

Just be aware of the Minus 25 degree winters.

ALWAYS buy a property upland of rivers, because in the spring the thaw FLOODS everything lower than the local river.

I would say do it without hesitation. biggrin.gif

my family moved to the uk i didn't have a say in the matter.

in the big cities life is like it is in the uk,

but any other place, its just amazing.

the pace of life is so much more laid back

people are more friendly, and mean it

no one cares about what you look like (my 14 year old niece doesn't wear fashionable clothing or makeup)

the schools are better (my 16 year old nephew has improved massively)

people help each other

and the scenery is amazing

the air quality is good (i suffer form mild asthma, but when i visit Canada it disappears within a week and stays gone for up to a month after returning home)

my youngest brother who is 26 visited my mother (he hadn't been before) and came back sold his house quit his job and moved to canada, that was a few years back, and he still loves it and doesn't regret it

different states offer different things.

my mum lives in nova Scotia. they have a national health service there, the weather is close to England, but it can be hotter in summer and colder in winter, but even though my mum lives right on the sea front the humidity isn't high so you don't feel the temperature

one summer i visited my nan in Ontario, and the temperature was close to 100F if i remember correctly and it didn't feel like it at all, because of the lack of humidity

Wow it sounds great! I have been there a couple of time and always loved it!

What you have described David is exactly what i was hoping, I'm now feeling really excited even though at the moment it is only a thought!! biggrin.gif I don't mind the more extreme temperatures, would be great to be able to ski/snowboard & the huskies love the snow!

We are getting married next year in July so would have to be after that, in fact we were planning on going to Canada for our honeymoon! Maybe we should go & just not come back lol!!tongue.gif

Andy - only you would manage to be chased by a bear lol!! laugh.gifbiggrin.gif Maybe he was looking for a mate?!!wink.gif

AWWW it's so nice to hear all these nice comments about us canadians!! But like anywhere eles some provinces are better than others, Job wise climate ect..., Ontario Is absolutley beautiful, But it's very hard to get a good job there form what I've been told(LOTS of people from ontario are here in alberta, My dads from there) Then you get places Like here in Alberta We are pretty much the black hole of Canada...lol We have mega jobs Cause of all the Oil refinerys,but The air quality is not the best And we have a big melting pot of people here from all over the world, ,but this is a province with lots of money and lots of people driveing big trucks, and unnessisarly expensive cars, also alot of people have money to waste....so the econemy as a whole is pretty good.it can be 35 C in the summer here Then in the winter it can be -45C(Totally sucks) British columbia, Nova scotia, Newfoundland, And Prince Edward Island Are in my opinion God country weather is beautiful, Land is beautiful And your close to the ocean, Those are the climates you guys would be more used too!Now I wont get started on Saskatchwan I grew up there and if you are going to be a wheat farmer then well that could be your place to be, Also land is Very flat, LOL You can watch you dog run away for miles, this is just my input on a few places, I would say do you reserch, find out about jobs, And houseing.....oh yea houseing here is a whole other subject now that I think about it.....lol

just another quick comment, Clayton and I really want to move to British Columbia in the future.....I love it there!!Except Vancouver...cause I hate vancouver theres way too many people there, And ther all very rude people....well all the ones I ve met , I 'm sure thers some nice people thereunsure.gif

not too sure what to tell you.. i like living here but as for moving here i would first try and apply for a job so your not stumped when you do get here

ontario was in trouble jobs wise.. here in manitoba were doing good and are in the top 5 for cheapest places to live in canada. altho it does hit -40 and colder and in summer +35 and warmer.

i would look for jobs before you deside as im sure you have. im moving to alberta for work this winter. manitoba and west is amazing cant say much for eastern canada as i havent been much.

need more info pm me.. hope that helps

wish i could help but i'm from the eastern part, the french part lol (Montreal) and I don't know if Quebec will accept immigrants if they don't speak a bit of french. Anyway, like other people have said, every province has something nice to offer, it's a matter of finding out what you need and who has it. Alberta has the lowest taxes, Quebec has affordable housing, Ontario might have jobs but it's also very "busy" and land/houses are not cheap. I'd love to return to Canada one day but I need to figure out as well what would be the ideal place :) Yes it can get pretty cold over there, but it's not cold inside the house, so life is good. Your husky would absolutely love it there :)

Hey I wish I could help more. I know I just moved from Windsor, Ontario to Toronto, Ontario for work in my field. I personally love Ontario but I have never been out West (yet) to British Columbia or Alberta where I am constantly being told about job opportunities.

I do agree though about looking for a job before making the decision to move here....At least even looking to see what type of openings and how many openings there are in your field.

If I can help in any other way please dont hesitate to ask me.

desi

Thanks for the advice D, Diana and Desi smile.gif much appreciated.

At the moment this is still a very new idea so still looking into where would be best for the both of us to go with regards to job and lifestyle.

I will definately be looking into it throughly as well as checking out what jobs are on offer, weather, cost of living and houses etc.

I may have more questions soon biggrin.gif