A dog breed that's a good compliment to husky?

Siberian25

I've read huskies tend to like other dogs around them to have as companions. i would be around a lot and the rest of the time my brother would be, so the husky would never be alone, but I guess having another dog to play with sometimes is also an option. What other breed would compliment a husky? Maybe some breed that's less evil? hehe just kidding

Well, how about a Husky? In our case, we have a Husky, and our son (who moved back home) has an Aussie. They get along great. The Aussie herds the Husky and the Husky grabs onto the Aussie's neck and hangs on. It's pretty funny to watch.

we have 2 huskies and a white German shepherd. All best friends.

huskies are social pack animals and wile they adopt humans into thier pack other dogs are more fun to play with

you know what i have been thinking this very question...as i know although i want another husky real bad, i just know that having 2 i won't be able to walk them both by myself, i struggle with Eika sometimes...so i need (preferably a smallish dog - i love small dogs) a dog that is easy to train to heel, but not a labrador (neighbours when i was younger had a lab and i loved him to bits, it broke my heart when he died and i just can't get another - and my mum's cousin had one also - again, broke me) or a yappy dog....

i'm waiting to see when my sister's dog will be having puppies, they have a border collie (who Eika gets on really well with) who they show...they're going to Crufts next year, and they're expecting her to do well, so once they see if she has potential next year they will mate her...she's already met her boyfriend (who she growled at, oops!) and he is a STUNNER apparently! lol!! Lisa has promised me i can have one of her pups, i have put dibs on a blue or lilac or a black female one, although they said they get first pick, i shotgunned first!!!

Only thing I would add to the Huskies is another husky lol :lol:

We've got 15 sibes and two border collies lodging ATM (My brother-in-law collapsed and very ill in hospital, my sisters struggling and lives in edinburgh, so my Neice and their two dogs are staying here for a while) Collie girl is a sweetheart, farm bred and very sensible, fits in well. collie boy is your typical BYB collie: Neurotic as hell and not quite right in the head! Our dogs just sit looking bemused when hes pacing up and down, attacking the phone when it rings and generally being abnormal :huh:

Merlin gets on with anything small. He likes dogs smaller than him. However he gets on fine with the other two here and the rotties and collies he has known since a pup.

If your worried about the walking how about a grey hound? They (most) walk very well on a lead and are more robust than they look.

i just can't get a greyhound, for the same reason as a lab...mike's parents lost a greyhound a few years ago, just lost a whippet and they're other greyhound cross has got cancer and only has a few months to live...

I have a gsd x rotty who compliments my huskamute he is 8 and no way chilled(mental age 2 lol) but i have a smaller pug x staffy andd stevo is now picking on him horrendously, play fighting getting a bit too strong! Personally i would recommend something medium size!biggrin.gif

If you dont wan another husky, i'd say... staffy!!

Hardy (can deal with husky play)

easy to train

smaller

more biddable that huskies

there's tonnes in rescue, but if you want a pup make sure to go to a REPUTABLE breeder, theres so many people getting their bitch to pump them out for £50 atm sad.gif

i've got 2 boys :wub: the breed is going to stick with me for life I think now so my next x amount of dogs will be sibes lol I think it's more the individual dog rather than the breed you need to look at, one lab (for example) may get on great another may not - all dogs have a personality and just like humans, sometimes those personalities clash. I'd say go for a medium size - one that's robust enough to play like a sibe :D