Im sick of the way people treat Grey!!!

Sibe77

Sorry Hugs it was to Bec but feel free to answer !!! i'm pretty sure everybody will have the same answer though. I was just trying to get across that it seemed Grey was singled out even though every other dog was doing the same thing. Irrelevant of what it was and if it was wrong or right.

Sarah did you find that 3rd person for the sleeping bag challenge ??? tongue.gif

Sorry silly me wasnt sure who ya was asking. smile.gif x x x x x

ha ha sleeping bag challege sounds fun!!! count me in!!!!

Whats the sleeping bag challege?? smile.gif x x x x x

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't commented directly on Tony's incident at the dog park because as I've said earlier, I wasn't there to see what happened, so I can't say who was in the wrong and who was in the right. I've just given suggestions as to what behaviour I would deem appropriate at an off leash area.

ETA: How many other dogs ran up to the Dobe in the same fashion Grey did? If other dogs did approach him in the same manner, did they get told off too? Or have I missed that?

I would say all the Dogs ran up to the Dobe at some point as most of them I seen do it (not all at the same time) but the Dobe was very grouchy more so with males but the owner only told grey off. x x x x x

If Grey became a big pest and nuisence to other Dogs then I would put him on lead and would walk over to a different part of the Dog park. I refuse to put him on lead when he is doing no more then what any other Dog is doing but it is getting more of an issue made out of it cause of the way he looks. At the end of the day I have no prob in ever admitting when my Dog is in the wrong but i will not back down to those fuddy duddy owners that have a grumpy Dog thats hates other Dogs but will moan there heads off in Dog park while every other Dog is running around happy but not theres.

Grey has been guilty on getting over excited in play and a few times he has tried to hump another Dog or try and steal its ball but other then that he just a nutty, loopy Husky who loves nothing more then Digging, chasing flys and eating flowers blink.gifsmile.gif x x x x x oh and forgot to add weeing on every second lampost.

Nooks is kinda like that, so you took the words right out of my mouth, lol :)

I do think some people are scared of huskies just because of their wolf like look. One time when I was walking Dakota, she became excited as there was another dog on the other side of the road who started barking at her, she of course lunged a bit to go over but I ignored her and kept on walking. At the same time a woman and her young child got of a bus and looked over at us, we walked on but she kept looking back at us, then she grabbed her child gave me a frightned look and ran! She literally ran away from us. We were on the other sie of the road and Dakota was on a leash. I looked around me to see if there was anything else she could be afraid off but it was just me a Dakota. I couldn't believe it. But I know a couple of years ago, where I live, a husky did kill a newborn baby, and I few people we've met have mentioned it to us when we tell then we've own husky, it's a sad story and makes husky looked evil:(

Ok random thought here - i've found a lot of people are very wary of Kaiser - because he's got blue eyes, do you think because Grey has blue eye's people automatically assume he's going to be vicious? I know it's very stereo typical but a thought?

ps - nice discussion and no slagging - like it :up:

TBH, I find this with my two, a lot of people have always given Myshka a wide berth since we've owned her, until they've got to know her & us & realise she is like any other loopy dog, yet people make a beeline for Diesel & the second thing they notice about him (after his size :unsure: ) are his eyes & it draws people in. Very rarely do I get asked if Diesel is OK to approach to pet, but we do get asked if it's OK to go to Myshka, and I think the eye colour thing has a lot to do with it.

I have found that people can be a bit wary of Sampson. Between my two dogs you would think that Nikita would scare people more but when we are stopped and people fuss over them it is normally Nikita that they fuss over.

Sampson has very light blue eyes and the way he looks at people at times can come across as quite scary for those that don't know him. Probably doesn't help that he is rather indifferent to people, he just wants to keep moving and they are on obstacle in his waysmile.gif.

weve only had 1 person scared ov skylas eyes - but i agree with val - most people seem 2 b scared ov blue eyes but when they see bi-eyed huskies - like diesel or blaze they are immediately drawn in - ppl are weird lol

I do think some people are scared of huskies just because of their wolf like look. One time when I was walking Dakota, she became excited as there was another dog on the other side of the road who started barking at her, she of course lunged a bit to go over but I ignored her and kept on walking. At the same time a woman and her young child got of a bus and looked over at us, we walked on but she kept looking back at us, then she grabbed her child gave me a frightned look and ran! She literally ran away from us. We were on the other sie of the road and Dakota was on a leash. I looked around me to see if there was anything else she could be afraid off but it was just me a Dakota. I couldn't believe it. But I know a couple of years ago, where I live, a husky did kill a newborn baby, and I few people we've met have mentioned it to us when we tell then we've own husky, it's a sad story and makes husky looked evil:(

awww thats horrible :( way 2 sterotype! - least U no dakotas ok - stuff what other ppl think

Ok random thought here - i've found a lot of people are very wary of Kaiser - because he's got blue eyes, do you think because Grey has blue eye's people automatically assume he's going to be vicious? I know it's very stereo typical but a thought?

ps - nice discussion and no slagging - like it :up:

TBH, I find this with my two, a lot of people have always given Myshka a wide berth since we've owned her, until they've got to know her & us & realise she is like any other loopy dog, yet people make a beeline for Diesel & the second thing they notice about him (after his size :unsure: ) are his eyes & it draws people in. Very rarely do I get asked if Diesel is OK to approach to pet, but we do get asked if it's OK to go to Myshka, and I think the eye colour thing has a lot to do with it.

We have no quarms about taking ours to our dog park, it tends to be the same few there no matter when we go anyway which is good as the dogs get on great - but we did have 1 dog, a black lab about 12 months old that would NOT leave Myshka alone, he followed her & tried to hump her all the time the dogs were in there together. The ironic thing was his owner (who I'm surprised could look after herself, let alone another living thing) claimed to be a dog trainer! :blink: This lab, Pango, would not listen to a single word from her, and of course, chasing Pango to leave Myshka turned into a great game for him so that resolved nothing. Myshka was very tolerant & put up with it for ages but then began to snap it him, did the owner do anything? Did she stuff! :angry: She wouldn't put it on a lead or even TRY to control it, so we used to leave early, but why should my dogs suffer cos some ignoramous who claims to know better than us won't do as everyone was asking her.

I most often find the opposite, people round my way fall in love with his Blue eyes, could be that because he's boss eyed as well helps in that. Whats more normal is that we get people pointing him out to their kids going look at the Husky or kids shouting and pointing going "BEAUTIFUL DOGGIE!!!!" We take him into town and we get stopped every 10 metres so people can make a fuss, in fact the first time we took him in it took us an hour to walk a short distance and that was the day we first met Chezell. We do get people ask if its ok to pet him but its more of a politeness thing rather than being wary, if they are wary then they tend to stay well away.

There is definitely a difference in the way people treat Ozzy & Micah. They tend to admire Ozzy from a distance and love to look at him, but have no problem with getting closer to Micah and stroking her.

I spoke to my daughter about it a few weeks ago and she says she is nervous of Ozzy, who has striking blue eyes, because she finds it difficult to 'read' him. Micah on the other hand with soft brown eyes is more approachable.

Small dogs also don't seem to like Ozzy, they always bark and snap at him, but not at Micah. I think the little yappers can sense that Ozzy is laid back and an easy target whereas Micah is more dominant - she is not aggressive, nor does she act openly dominant at all, but they seem to sense the difference between the two.