Siberian Husky Description

Siberian Huskies are strong, compact, working sled dogs. The medium sized head is in proportion to the body, with a muzzle that is equal in length to the skull, with a well defined stop.

The color of the nose depends upon the color of the dog's coat. It is black in gray, tan or black dogs, liver in copper dogs and flesh-colored in pure white dogs.

The medium sized, oval shaped eyes are moderately spaced and come in blue, brown, amber, or any combination thereof. Eyes can be half blue and half brown, (parti-eyed) or can have one blue eye and one brown eye (bi-eyed).

The erect ears are triangular in shape, set high up on the head.

The teeth meet in a scissors bite.

The tail is carried over the back in a sickle curve, not curved to either side when the dog is excited.

The large "snow shoe" feet have hair between the toes to help keep them warm and for gripping on ice. Dewclaws are sometimes removed.

The medium length, double coat is thick and can withstand temperatures as low as -58 degrees to -76 degrees F ( -50 degrees to -60 degrees C). Coat colors include all from black to pure white, with or without markings on the head. The face mask and underbody are usually white, and the remaining coat any color. Examples of common colors are black and white, red and white, brown, gray and white, silver, wolf -gray, sable and white, red-orange with black tips, dark gray and white. Pie-bald is a very common coat pattern.

i class blaze a wolf grey as he is black/grey and has brown on the backs ov his ears

The color of the nose depends upon the color of the dog's coat. It is black in gray, tan or black dogs, liver in copper dogs and flesh-colored in pure white dogs.

skylas is half black half liver coloured :blink: trust me 2 have a defective dog pmsl :P :P :P :P :P - does that mean skyla isnt actualy a pure white????

tho the back ov her ears are a cream kindda colour - does that make a diff?? :blink:

I'm wondering the same thing -- the backs of Dakota's ears are sorta cream-colored. It took me awhile to figure out that was his color -- for the longest time, I'd scrub them like crazy at bathtime because I thought that they were dirty! huh.gif