meet meeshka

kteen

hi guys i just thought it was time to introduce my newest pack member this is meeshka the black and white one for those who dont already recognise my demon she is two and a half she has some issues but is settling in fine her name was misha but cos we already have a misha it was too confusing and to be honest she answers better to her new name lol laugh.gif

post-1360-13585951589054_thumb.jpg

post-1360-13585951590004_thumb.jpg

Wow thats a really strong mask. . . verry nice. . well done for taking her biggrin.gif

thanks guys she is lovely but has some growling issues you cant touch her legs or tail she was very timmid but is coming round and got on great with my two till last night when her and misha had a fight. we tried to let them meet again but misha keeps going for her not sure who or what started it but both have a little punture wound each i just hope i can get it sorted between them

thanks guys she is lovely but has some growling issues you cant touch her legs or tail she was very timmid but is coming round and got on great with my two till last night when her and misha had a fight. we tried to let them meet again but misha keeps going for her not sure who or what started it but both have a little punture wound each i just hope i can get it sorted between them

have a word with Linda (valkyries) on here, she had the same issue with hers, she had a male & female, then took in Thor, another male, and experienced the same thing, but now they are one big happy pack :)

thanks guys she is lovely but has some growling issues you cant touch her legs or tail

have u had her checked out at a vet - before bings had his accident u cud go near his back legs - rest ur legs on him everythin now hes had his accident where he damaged his left leg u cant even touch that end if he is lying down as he will growl and whip round rly quick (he wud never bite tho) but he never did it before his accident - so she might have something wrong with her leg/back end ??

thanks val i will do and nix she hasnt been to the vet yet but the couple i got her from took her from a family who claim she has always been like that and they got her as a pup but to be honest she was very thin and she growls at other things we do she was very timid and not very trusting when we got her two weeks ago but has come on heaps the couple we got her from only had her 7wks when she chased sheep and the farmer caught her and luckily for her he only said he wanted them to rehome her but they said she was so much better than when they first got her and from what they said and how she is id say she has been mistreated but she will get the best of care now in her new forever home smile.gif

Hi Kirsty

sorry to hear your having problems, my was when i brought another boy home he was 18month old at the time and my other boy 16 month we've had from a pup.

Thor (rehome) was so jealous of Odin that if Odin came in the room or we gave him any attention Thor would fly for him, resulting in huge fights but Odin used to just walk away he's so laid back.

We started to put Thor in quarentine every time he started, only for 5/10 mins in another room where he could not see any of us.

We fed them in seperate rooms and had to seperate them if we went out, they could not look at each other without a fight.

In the end Odin had enough he fought back and took Thor down rresulting in a bad cut on Thors face (no sign of it now) but it sorted it out Odin had his top dog place back they new where they stood in the pack, we've not had a fight since they are best mates, they now are never seperated, eat in same room and sleep next to each other.

We don't crate any of them they are great now, so we did not punish we just quarantined and in the end let them do it natures way and sort it them selves, but where there to stop if went to far.

i also have a girl lol she's a gobby bitch very vocal she tells them off.

It lasted for about the first month till they sorted them selves out xxxxx

good luck you will get there xxxx

just read your last post about not being able to touch legs or back end, Loki my girl used to snarl at us if we touched her back end when we first got her, my self i think she's been hit. Any way we started to keep stroking her back end and we brushed her alot, getting her used to being touched now she's fine she does still have her moments if people souch/stroke her back end if from behine as she's not expecting it xxxxxxx

so start with brushing alot at the top but work down slowly to the problem parts xxxxxx

Hi when I first got Akia coming on three months now. She did not like her back legs touched. What i did was held a treat in one hand and stroked her legs with other she was so focused on the treat that she allowed me to touch her legs.

As i have small children, so she had to be touched every where. Every day i done this after a month she was fine with you touching her and allowing my kids to even hold her legs. Also my vet when we had her checked said her muscles are weak due to lake of walks so not sure if that was the reason. Don't give the treat until you have touched though so she nows she gets treat once you have stroked. Hope that makes sence.....lol

Good luck.