Walky Dog or Springer

Chezell

I have decided to buy a new bike and was thinking about buying an attachment to exercise the girls, one at at time...(I'm not suicidal..tongue.gif)

But which one?

I know both of these are for running alongside and not Bike-jouring, and that I will be using their ezydog harnesses

Walkydog ? Springer?

post-223-13585951591003_thumb.jpg

post-223-13585951591527_thumb.jpg

I had both of these, although never got round to using them.

I sold the springer and kept the walky dog - mainly because the walky dog seemed so much easier to connect to the bike whereas the springer was very complicated!!

Hope that helps a bit!

Sarah x

a friend had a springer, and the end connection that you connect the lead onto was plastic, and i worried if the dog pulled to hard, it may snap, so i would personally go for the walkydog if i had to buy one.

having said that i use a piece of climbing rope looped round the front stem of the bike where the handlebars go through, and a carabina on the end to hook the dogs to, i tie a piece of cloth under the rope, so any movement rubs the cloth instead of the frame.

i dont like the idea of a dog that can easily pull me pulling from the middle oft he bike, if my 2 decided to run off in another direction, i could possibly have the bike pulled sideways away from me. on the front i just need to hang on for dear life lol.

I have the walkydog, and love it.

Never used the Springer so I can't comment

The only thing with the walky dog is the mount under the seat needs to be VERY tight, otherwise it moves backwards and forwards if the dog or the bike start or stop suddenly.

Also the pole attatchment when removed has a rubber grip so you can use it as a lead to walk your dog and have a good non slip grip.

i dont like the idea of a dog that can easily pull me pulling from the middle oft he bike, if my 2 decided to run off in another direction, i could possibly have the bike pulled sideways away from me. on the front i just need to hang on for dear life lol.

Hey, David,

I've had this happen whilst riding. It's not too bad.

Because the fixing is under the seat and all your weight is over the seat, It actually feels like a tug. but there is no sudden YANK as you would expect.

Also inside the connector pole are three thick springs which absorb approx 70% of the "YANK"

I was making the same choice a couple of months ago. I decided to go with the Walkydog. I have no issues with it at all apart from getting the tightness right where it is connected to the bike.

Skye ran beautifully with it immediately with no front or rear wheel incidents. Cheaper to, which is a bonus.