best sites to rehome a dog?

debs

hi, ive offered to find a new home for my father-in-laws 2yo colliex i want to get him the best home i can but in the mean time he will be with me! obviously with keira being 2 weeks away from having pups i dont want him here for more than a few days, he will prob be living in the dog run while here which tbh is much better than being in his crate all day like he is at the moment (dad-in-law in hospital, daughter has no idea and little interest). any idea on the best sites to advertise him? preloved will be first one but i need to find a home sooner rather than later and i dont want him to settle here and then be moved on or go to kennels either. any ideas greatfully recieved peeps.

oh btw i will be looking at potential new home, im not going to just send him off not knowing where he is going.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was gonna suggest Pre-loved. . .is he a collie / Husky cross. . .Maybe the SHWA might have someone. . .PM Raindog (Mick) he might know of peeps looking already.

I dont think they deal with x's andy :(

Thanx Sinead. . .didn't know that. . .unsure.gif

Oh, well good luck anyway Debs. . .biggrin.gif

Have you got any Pics. . .

Someone on here may not want another husky (yeah I know .. . .WHY not ??)

but might might want another dog to give their Husky a playmate.biggrin.gif

and collies have the same High energy / playfulness as Huskies.

havent got any pics yet but looks like im getting him tomorrow eve, didnt want him here really but will have to do it to get him out the bloody crate 24/7, not sure if he would keep up with a husky atm as for last year has only had 10 min walks from a 11 yo once or twice a day and the odd longer walk from one of us, bless his little heart, hes going to think my 13'x10' dog run is heaven, sad really.

hi, well he is on his way here now, the field i can let the girls off in has cows in it for the next week so my ideal intro is buggered so im going to take the girls out and come back past house, grab benjie let them have a quick sniff, round the block together, quickly and all back in the house and into the garden together, fingers crossed they will all be fine, isha met 9 dogs the other day while walking on lead and greated all of them very nicely so she seems to be much better with other dogs now, keira has always been great with other dogs so hopefully all will be well, will be taking pics of keiras belly and all 3 dogs together later i hope

thanks, im getting quite worried, ive had 4 ciggies in the last 1/2 hour lol, im sure they will all get on fine though, i think the tiredness is getting to me, been at the hospital sitting with my dad-in-law to be all night last night then came home at 6am to walk dogs and take eldest daughter to school, then back to hospital for 3 hours with my 2 year old with me, then home and sorting kids out again and not been to bed yet, one more dog walk then bed i think lol

cheers, had a long sleep and feeling much better now lol, he had a great night sleeping in the kitchen, only 2 little wees and one of them was when fiancee came down thismorning and he was excited, he loves isha and keira and they love him, isha is grumpy with keira and keira is grumpy with isha but seperatly they play lovely with him, jumping on him and pouncing round him, he loves it , bless :)

just a quick update, were going to meet a woman from penzance today to see if he gets on with her 2 jrx's, her and her husband do at least an hour and half walking a day on the beach and/or in the woods. if that doesnt work out today then i have a man and his son in helston that are looking for a dog to go running with them and he is a self imployed gardener that would also take him to work too, so all good for today hopefully, ive only had him 2 days and ive got quite attached already, i was talking about the possible new homes earlier and he was sitting looking at me with his head cocked and i actually felt myself about to cry, so stupid.