Seamus needs some prayers!

Arooroomom

Long story short, Seamus (my new Border Collie) tested positive for heartworms last night. Took him into the vet today to run another blood test that will tell us just how bad it is. The vet seems optimistic that his "symptoms" aren't that serious yet and hopes it will be a relatively "easy" fix. Of course, that's pending on his test results which come back tomorrow.

The poor guy. I just cannot believe the woman who owned him before never had him on any sort of prevention. I mean, Florida is practically the Mosquito capitol of the world (maybe not, but you get the idea...) Argh! Anyway, we're asking for some good prayers and well wishes that the test comes out with as good news as it can.

DSCF4852.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Human and Husky appendages crossed for Seamus smile.gif

Zoya sends Husky Hugs. I lost a dog to heartworm years ago, before it became such an issue here in Iowa. It is a bad way to go for a dog, so hopfully all will go well.

So, at the vets office i go to, there are 2 practicing veterinarians. The one I really love and use is off until monday (the one i saw yesterday.) So he said the test would be back today, which it is, and i could call and see what's up or wait until monday for him to call. Well of course i'm practically going insane waiting, so i called. The other vet came on the phone and was just rude and obnoxious. Saying Seamus required like radio-graphs and x-rays and some pulmonary thing... and i'm sitting herehuh.gifblink.gif

So i asked him "didn't the test results confirm if it was severe or not?" and he went into some long explanation about these heartworms crawling into his lungs and strangling his hear and we need to do 10 billion tests and the test doesn't show those types of findings blah blah blah

And my vet had warned me he was going to say things like that and would probably scare me. Which he did. angry.gif I'm so mad, and so sick of vets that don't care and want to freak you out into spending $1,500. So now i guess i'll have to wait until monday for my vet to call. I'm so scared for him sad.gif