Hello From Aus

Hey everyone, hope all is well :) .

I forgot to do an intro thread.

My names Cassandra/cassie/cass/whatever, i'm 21 and from Australia. I live at home still and am the last kid in the house haha, so it's a little weird. But hey, more room for my little zoo huh!

I currently have the one Husky, Honey, she's around 6 years old and was originally my sisters dog. Honey had the misfortune of ending up in a pet shop and being impulse bought by my sister. Well honey was a little bit of a terror and my sister is not an animal person in any way shape or form! So honey ended up with me after a month or so with my sister. She turned out to be a lovely little excited pup, nothing out of the ordinary and calmed down quite quickly.

The other doggy in my life is Boston, a 13 year old australian terrier. Also previously my sisters dog. He was bought from the local adds in the newspaper. I did however go with her to pick him up, and it was horrible where he came from. He was flea ridden and a bag of bones. Now he's my little sooky man and i wouldn't have it any other way.

I also have a giant moggy cat named Grace which i can say is mine! haha. I got her off a friend whose cat was a stray, but they took her in and she ended up having kittens, so i took one to help. She's a cranky CRANKY cat! Growls at new people and if she's hungry will either climb your legs or bite you.

And then there's my rattuses. I have 5 rats at the moment. And after this group i don't think i will be getting anymore. Domestic rats are unhealthy little buggers and its a bit stressful having them. All of mine are rescues so they come from not the best places, so they of course have plenty of sickness that came with them. Fun.

Other than the sickness though, they are remarkable little beings. A few of mine are particularly excellent with training, which i try to do a few times a week to keep their minds active a bit. And they do the usual tricks and things. It's really cute too !

Well anyways, i'm so glad to have found the forum, having all these brains to pick whenever i need a question answered is awesome!

I look forward to talking to everyone in the future :)

Cass & honey.

Hey Cass. . .Welcome to the pack. biggrin.gif

That's quite a menagerie you've got there.

Maybe you could give tips and info on how you get them all to live together peacefully.ohmy.gif

I mean without eating each other.

I mean Honey not eating them all. . . lol.

and we always say. . . PICS. . . biggrin.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

Hi Cass :D Great intro :up:

We're slowly building up our members from Down Under :D Pin your self to our member map too so others can see where you're from :)

Great to have you here and look forward to seeing you around :)

Thanks so much for all the friendly welcomes!

And it's great to see other ozzies on here!:wave: I'm hoping that someone on here is from nsw and is in the nsw husky club. I want to join someday and join in with training days and scootering :) ... because i'm the only animal enthusiast in my family i'd have to brave it alone. So knowing someone before hand to show me the ropes would be great!

sarah- i just put myself on the map!:) . i thought everyone could already see where i was from 'cause i can see a little australia flag under my name? but maybe i could only see that lol

I'll work on getting pics guys. I should be getting my own camera this week. I usually use my sisters, but she and her boyfriend just moved out, so i can't sponge camera use anymore haha.

sarah- i just put myself on the map!:) . i thought everyone could already see where i was from 'cause i can see a little australia flag under my name? but maybe i could only see that lol

Yeah we can all see the country you're from but on the map you can pinpoint your town as well so others can see how far away you are :)

Hi Cass, it's nice to see another person from Australia on here. There's a few of us now biggrin.gif

I am a HUGE animal lover also, i'm studying native animal rehabilitation and have done volunteer work at the rspca. You have such an assortment of pets. Growing up i have had 3 cats, 3 dogs, a dove, fish, and 4 guines pigs so i know how full your hands must be. At the moment though i only have 2 huskies and my cat lives at my mums. Can't wait to see some pics of Honey. She sounds like a lovely husky.