OXFORD MAIL YAY

Kells xx

hey guys i found this and thought i would add it

Share[*]Comments(0)

Twenty husky dogs met up at Shotover Country Park for a mass-walkabout yesterday, gaining plenty of surprised looks from other dog-walkers.

Husky owner Andy Rickard, 48, from Greater Leys, organised the trip through online forum husky-owners.com after hearing about similar events elsewhere in the country.

Mr Rickard said: “It was a magnificent sight. People are shocked at first because they think they look like wolves, but when they come over huskies are very friendly.â€Â

He added: “They are very good-looking dogs, but they’re a very difficult breed. They need an awful lot of exercise, about six miles every day. If they don’t get that, they can become destructive and start eating your furniture.â€Â

He said the huskies’ insulating double coats, which make them perfect for towing sleds at the North Pole, also keep them cool in the summer.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed they actually used what I said. biggrin.gif

Just glad it wasn't a "how can they treat thier dogs so cruelly in this heat" type of article.

Yaaaayyyyy. . . .

AND. . . they mentioned the Forum. . .

Whooooo hoooo biggrin.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

Awsum!!

Nice pic andy laugh.gif

Well. . .Darwin is quite Photogenic. . .I always end up lookin like a circus clown minus the make-up. . lol laugh.gif

wonder if it will b in any other papers in the week

it's our local paper, so probably not.sad.gif

i am andy rickard's publicist and manager and all questions and comments must go through me!!!!

he is an extremely busy celeb at the moment and all autorgraphs but be approved and friend requests will be scanned.

please no screaming fans at our home or wedding proposals lol he will sign babies if sent with a self addressed envelope and will answer fan mail when he can lmao

kelly

cool.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gifohmy.gifcool.gif

i am andy rickard's publicist and manager and all questions and comments must go through me!!!!

he is an extremely busy celeb at the moment and all autorgraphs but be approved and friend requests will be scanned.

please no screaming fans at our home or wedding proposals lol he will sign babies if sent with a self addressed envelope and will answer fan mail when he can lmao

kelly

cool.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gifohmy.gifcool.gif

oooh, can I vet the wedding proposals myself. . . pleeeeze ? biggrin.giflaugh.gif

WELL DONE ANDY!!!! :up:

ohmy.gif they mentioned your age laugh.gif that's gotta be a typo surly?? :rofl:

'Fraid not. . . yep, nearly half a century old. . . lol cry_smile.gif

Andy thats awesome :) lovely pic of Darwin!

How many screaming fans have you had hanging around outside your house then? lol

Lol. . .none . . .YET angry.gif

However the paper isn't published until today.

So I've hired security to patrol the house

and everywhere I go I've got two of Susan Boyles bodyguards being intimidating behind me.cool.gif

(Oh, crap did that constitute an interview, wait a minute while I check with Max clifford. . . he's handling publicity now BRB. . .biggrin.gif)

Scan from the Oxford Mail Published Today 24/05/2010

gallery_1484_541_340067.jpg

It was inside the front cover. . so EVERYONE should see it. . .YYAAAAAAYYYYY

biggrin.giflaugh.giftongue.gif