Some Advice Please

GungeUK

When Rachael and I were at a bootsale yesterday, we met someone who had a few huskies and gave us some tips. I want to check these tips are correct and any age limit on them, bearing in mind our pups are 16 weeks old now.

- Huskies Love eating seafood, like Crabsticks

(If this is correct, what else do they eat, seafoodwise?)

- When feeding your husky, put some sunflower or olive oil in their meal to put the oils back in their coat

Also upon reading the vote page, I saw Vals eating raw eggs. What age do they have to be to have those?

Kira does like seafood, loves crabsticks (when we have them I use them as training treats) and she also loves tinned mackrel, sardines etc. She will eat whole raw fish (sprats usually), tho she doesnt go mad for them, but some do, she just prefers the tinned stuff

Kira wont eat whole raw egg, she will eat the gooey stuff, but I have to crack it as she wont eat the shell rolleyes.gif Most love them tho, as you saw from Val's vids.

You dont wanna put sunflower oil into every meal, one teaspoon once every couple of days is fine, if you feed tinned fish, make sure its always in sunflower oil, not tom sauce or brine.

No age limit on any of the amove biggrin.gif

seafood i have no idea but i'm sure others will.

sunflower oil i give mine tuna in sunflower oil twice a week in their kibble.

raw eggs i give once a week, two will eat like you saw in Val's vid one i have to brake it and put in his food.

i also crush up the shell and mix that in his food xxxxx you could do it now if they don't eat the egg add it to food xxxx

Nanuk loves a raw egg beaten up and poured over his food, he gets one every now and again as a treat :)

He also loves rainbow trout (whether it be fillets or the whole thing). When he does have a whole trout he will dance for it as he's that excited about it, lol.

my boys love raw fish but only in oil lol fussy buggers rolleyes.gif

They also love raw egg - if you find they dont eat the shells, bake them in the oven (just the shells) and crush them into a powder then put this in with the food so they still get the goodness (calcium) from the shell :)

Good idea about the crabsticks. Mine love raw fish and I always have some in the freezer, we buy it in bulk - I give them fish about twice a week, they also love the tuna in sunflower oil as a treat with their kibble.

I also give them calamari steaks now and then, they love it as its nice and chewy. My husband is a recreational fisherman and uses calamari as bait - I steal some for the dogs :D He is going to get a surprise the next time he goes fishing.

Micah loves raw eggs, but Ozzy prefers his boiled.

We gave the girls an egg each last night, they loved them! Holly was the first to figure out she needed to break it to eat it, Chloe couldn't work it out so nicked a bit of Holly's, then Holly broke Chloe's and they shared it!

We will be trying them on fish when we can get some, though they pretty much eat anything so hopefully they will like fish too :D

guys we hint for the egg shells put them in the oven until all dried out inside dont burn then now lol or u could just leave them to dry out them selves then crush them up into a powder there a good source of calcium i usually give them a teaspoon of crush shells every 2 days

another pointer is apple cider vinegar it contains 19 of the 22 vitimins dogs need same again teaspoon every 2 days also helps with the tear marks on there eyes give it a week and u will see the difference :):)

guys we hint for the egg shells put them in the oven until all dried out inside dont burn then now lol or u could just leave them to dry out them selves then crush them up into a powder there a good source of calcium i usually give them a teaspoon of crush shells every 2 days

another pointer is apple cider vinegar it contains 19 of the 22 vitimins dogs need same again teaspoon every 2 days also helps with the tear marks on there eyes give it a week and u will see the difference :):)

I will have to give that a go Scott, will let you know if it helps with their tear marks :)

ooooooh this thread is awesome!!! i've never fed ozzy any of that stuff!! he always has chicken wings/legs/thighs and then liver/heart and sometimes kibble....

he's going to get a treat tonight bless him!!!

Bless him, hope he enjoys his treat! :D

shiloh loves seafood....tuna is his fav...havent tried him with fresh but he adores tinned stuff in oil...oh my god- he will run around like a looney when he sees you putting it in his bowl the nutter lol

he also likes raw egg...we jst break it up in his bowl and mash it up abit for him and he eats the lot :)

All great tips, but I don't know how good the crabsticks are, my human kids love them, but if you read the packaging, I think theres a lot of non-crab in therelaugh.gif I'm always just a bit wary of anything that brightly coloured for the human and furry kids.

All great tips, but I don't know how good the crabsticks are, my human kids love them, but if you read the packaging, I think theres a lot of non-crab in therelaugh.gif I'm always just a bit wary of anything that brightly coloured for the human and furry kids.

Good point - I'll check the packaging of the crab sticks we get here :)

I feed my 2 raw eggs all the time i dont break them open i just put them on the floor whole an let them eat away Nukka was like what the hell am i to do with this so had to break hers i think she has the jist now but i only give 1 a week. but they had 2 this time round just so nukka could realise what she can do.

sea food wise i go campig every year at the beach an take sakari she has freh macrol as i catch it she loves it

also Tuna which i buy an sardines

as to oils because they have kibble as well as meat i pour cod liver oil in with it not so much for coats but joints just incase cant do any harm. and i dont put lots in it jusa lil bit an not every day

and fruit wise-- apple/melon/banana

I DID USED TO GIVE THEM GRAPES BUT BEEN INFORMED OF TOXIC VALUES TO DOGS SO NOW DO NOT

just incase any 1 seen that i do it an thought will try it as to not pass my mistakes on hence the caps

and on occasipons i mix fruit in with fresh plain youghart (cuss i can steal it from work) lol

Keath you do know that grapes are toxic yea??

A husky x staff on here ate 7 and had kidney failure, it was touch and go as to whether she'd fully recover, thankfully her meds kicked in and she did

Keath you do know that grapes are toxic yea??

A husky x staff on here ate 7 and had kidney failure, it was touch and go as to whether she'd fully recover, thankfully her meds kicked in and she did

Gotta admit i didn't know never had any probs though but then again they never have any more than 2 a week.. but will now take grapes off the list better safe than sorry :-) cheers sidy-boos lol biggrin.gif

I know a lot of people who give them to their dogs actualy... but will pass on the info smile.gif

Gotta admit i didn't know never had any probs though but then again they never have any more than 2 a week.. but will now take grapes off the list better safe than sorry :-) cheers sidy-boos lol biggrin.gif

I know a lot of people who give them to their dogs actualy... but will pass on the info smile.gif

Its amazing how many people dont know, but it doesnt take many to cause renal failure, as I said, this husky x only had 7!! ohmy.gif

Chianya (suki's owner) has told everyone down the dog park, not many of them knew!

No probs keath :)