!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -.-

lexas

So, my stupid mean landlord has come by to tell me that I have to get rid of my dog... EVEN THOUGH the two neighbors on both sides of me have a big dog. Says that he had a prior agreement with one of them and the other one "snuck" their dog in. Well SO that isnt fair!

SO I have by the end of the week to find a new home for my Lakota or move and I haven't got the money to move, and I doubt any landlord will let me have him.

I am so annoyed and sad.

were you aware of his prior agreement with the neighbour?

You must have a contract with him. Does it state no pets. . Or specifically no large dogs?

if you are allowed pets and he didn't specifically say you could not keep a dog then he is attempting to retroactively change your contract to suit his circumstances. In other words he might be in breach of YOUR contract. if he forces you then maybe you could sue ?

Well the Landlord has covered himself on the lease.. it states that he has the right to make the tenent remove the animal and so on.. But also we only have our small dog in the lease not Lakota, I assumed since both neighbors on each side of us has a big dogs that it was ok to have a big dog and the landlord has seen Lakota in the yard before with us and has NEVER said anything about it which confuses me.

Also Lakota is always on his leash, and quiet outside. He's a barker inside but not outside. I am not sure what brought this on. I guess I will call him tomorrow and find out.. if anyone lives in or near South Carolina and is interested in giving him a great home please contact me on here. I don't think I have a choice at this time and I can't afford to move.

Well the Landlord has covered himself on the lease.. it states that he has the right to make the tenent remove the animal and so on.. But also we only have our small dog in the lease not Lakota, I assumed since both neighbors on each side of us has a big dogs that it was ok to have a big dog and the landlord has seen Lakota in the yard before with us and has NEVER said anything about it which confuses me.

Also Lakota is always on his leash, and quiet outside. He's a barker inside but not outside. I am not sure what brought this on. I guess I will call him tomorrow and find out.. if anyone lives in or near South Carolina and is interested in giving him a great home please contact me on here. I don't think I have a choice at this time and I can't afford to move.

IM sooo sorry about that..

Thats not good, I cant believe he has seen Lakota before but is only mentioning it now. I hope you can get something sorted out and keep Lakota !! sad.gif

Exactly. It's strange to me that he has seen Lakota with out outside before but has never told us before that he couldn't stay. I am beginning to think bad things about his reasonings. And why do the neighbors get to keep their boxer? I mean, that is a big dog also. And he says "Oh they snuck him in on me." Well so? Then what if i say that I snuck my dog in? Do I get to keep him now? WTF?

I thought that maybe if I could find a friend to keep him awhile till we found a place to move to that will accept him, but I don't know anyone in this town that well, we just moved here recently..and we really can't afford to move so fast either.

I am stuck. I did however meet a woman who rescue's huskies and wolf dogs and she is willing to help me find a forever home for him. It's heartbreaking. I spent all these months going thru the good, bad and ugly of potty training, training training, bonding with him. He's like my kid now and i have to give him up. People who don't care about dogs the way we do just don't get it.

Tw@t of a landlord.. do you knwo any one else with huskies nea you could put her up till sorted? or family member an u provide food walks etc jus as you do now untill you move?

Landlords as far as it goes are bloody stupid an money hungry

sorry to hear about this :-(

Twat of a landlord.. do you knwo any one else with huskies nea you could put her up till sorted? or family member an u provide food walks etc jus as you do now untill you move?

Landlords as far as it goes are bloody stupid an money hungry

sorry to hear about this :-(

Sadly we have asked around and since we are new to this town we do not know many people and nobody back home where we are from wants to do it. There is a guy my husband works with that's mother in law has a husky hybrid like Lakota, female who might be willing to take him then at least we can still see him and he would have another dog his size to play with.

I am still very tempted to bring up to the landlord that it isn't fair that I have to give up my large dog but the neighbor gets to keep their boxer. Not that I am trying to get the boxer kicked out but its just, if they get to keep theirs then why do I have to give up mine? The landord owns this whole road and is their landlord too.. just sayin.

I would deff. bring up that the others get to keep their dog and you dont that is not fair! You could also ask if he would be willing to work something out with you maybe an extra $20 a month or some thing? Also ask him why he all of a sudden is saying that you have to get rid of him and why he did not say anything before when he saw you guys out side. Maybe someone has complained about his barking and you could say that you will kennel him or put him where others can no hear him. We are going to be in VA in a week and a half we would love to take him but im not sure we could take him back on the plane with us. You could also contact some of the local none kill shelters I have a friend that put their dog into their foster system untill they could move into a new place. You have to pay for all of their food and vet bills but at least you get your dog back in the end. Good luck I hope everything works out and im sure if you question him about the other people getting to keep their dog that they "snuck" in he might change his mind about your pup also offer a little more a month usaly land lords are money happy. Or tell him that you are sorry and just assumed it was okay since the others have big dogs and ask if you can please work something out. Fingers and paw crossed here that it works out.

Valerie, I'm so sorry to hear about this, that is awful! How can he treat you differently to your neighbours? Boxers are strong boisterous dogs, we have one opposite us, it's loopy! I can't believe he expects you to have sorted a new home in a week for your pup ....

I would def go with the advice here, ask him what has changed his mind; if he's worried about damage, would he consider a bond that you pay monthly on top of your rent to cover any possible damage he thinks may be caused.

I really hope you get some answers & get to keep your gorgeous furbaby, xx