Hello

vinny1275

Hi,

I saw a reference to the site in the Oxford Mail the other night (mother in law saved it for us), as we've just rehomed a Husky called Mickey from the Blue Cross. He's 11 months old, and I'm rapidly getting fit trying to keep him exercised! Tonight I think we'll try him with a bike, so he can get a bit more of a run, than if we just go out on our feet....

We've had a few tribulations with him so far - he didn't like getting in the car, he liked digging in the garden, he's claimed the sofa for himself, and he doesn't like letting us out of the front door - we've fixed the car thing now (which is just as well, as I was going to end up with a bad back lifting him in... :) ) and he knows now he's not allowed to dig, so that's calmed down a bit. We're able to get out of the door now with suitable bribery (a kong or marrowbone with some spam and kibble mushed into it), just the sofa to crack now! I'm taking him our for a run every morning at the moment and thinking of cani-x when he's got out of the habit of stopping for sniffs every hundred yards - we're doing 14 minute miles at the moment!

Right, need to get back to work now....

Cheers

Vince

Guest Spider_Crazy_Removed

Welcome Vince to the forum.

You will find lots of info about huskies here and loads of help with getting the sofa cracked, We have a 13week old pup and today he mastered the stairs so we need a baby gate to stop that. With Max I find you stop every inch and if he deems it good inuf to sniff he will lay down to sniff it lol.

Look forward to pics of Mickey and reading lots of posts :D

Take care and dont work too hard

Peter

Welcome to The Forum Vince. Yes, he sounds just like a Husky - thank you for giving him a permanent home. They are a wonderful breed, never a dull moment with them around, he will keep you entertained - and fit enough to run a marathon.

Hey, Vince Welcome to the pack.

Unfortunately that was my ugly mug in the paper lol.

BUT DON'T LET THAT PUT YOU OFF biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Yeah, Mickey sounds a typical Husky.

Sounds like you are tackling him nicely

Any questions or problems, do a search on previous posts you may well find the answer already there.

If not then start a new thread in the relevant section and we'll all jump in with our 2 pence worth.

AAAANNNNDDDD . . . we expect to see you next month (when we set a date) at the next Oxford meet.

as you're just down the road.

Just had a look in the members section and there are 5 other members in the swindon area.

maybe you know some of them.

Thanks for the welcomes all, Andy, hopefully Claire (my wife) and I will be able to make the next Oxford meet (we might bring Mickey as well if he's good.. :) )

I've uploaded some pictures into my gallery - we're not sure if he's 100% Husky, as his face is quite wide, not sure what else he might be - Akita maybe? He does like sleeping on his back though - first time he did that we thought it was really odd! :D

Hiya, Vince and Mickey, welcome to the pack, :wave:

well done on giving Mickey a home, I bet he can't believe his luck! There's loads of hints & tips on training in that section, hope you find something that works, let us know how you get on with him, x