Would just like to introduce myself to everyone

katie23

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome, my name is katie and I live in scotland with my husband and our 4 husky's ..well 3 pure and one is a cross siberian husky with polish wolf (luna) we were on a documentary last week on BBC Alba with our siberian husky's and Luna our X as she was the star ..the documentary was about wolfdogs.

I found this site purely by accident and have fell in love with it already ..so i hope to be around for quite a while, my husky's range in age luna our x whose 4 to kiska who's 7 months..cojay who is 6 months and red who is 4 months (she was born on my birthday ).

We hope to join the husky racing world eventually and any advice is more than welcome.

our dogs are all from different breeders in the UK.

thanks for welcoming me once again and feel free to ask me any questions

regards

katie x

post-1662-1358595205733_thumb.jpg

post-1662-13585952067867_thumb.jpg

post-1662-13585952072164_thumb.jpg

post-1662-13585952076189_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, Katrina. . .

yeah it's me again. . .lol biggrin.gif

Nice intro

Luna is very striking

Kiska looks like my Koda

and RED is only the second dark chocoalte sibe I've seen, we met one last week here in Oxford, stunning.

and Cojay is just so cute.

do you have a link to the documentary, I know I missed it. and would love to see it

What was the title ??

Welcome and don't be a stranger. biggrin.gif

Hey, Katrina. . .

yeah it's me again. . .lol biggrin.gif

Nice intro

Luna is very striking

Kiska looks like my Koda

and RED is only the second dark chocoalte sibe I've seen, we met one last week here in Oxford, stunning.

and Cojay is just so cute.

do you have a link to the documentary, I know I missed it. and would love to see it

What was the title ??

Welcome and don't be a stranger. biggrin.gif

Wow Andy thank you so much

Kiska is bi-eyed doesn't show in ths pic will show one of her with eyes open lol

red was red when i bought her but yes she seems to be going darker :)

here is the link to bbc i player we come on about 49 mins in and due to high profile peeps like sean Ellis we are only on for about 2 mins :) xx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sgbm7/Trusadh_Series_2_Wolf_Dogs/

Kiska is bi-eyed doesn't show in ths pic will show one of her with eyes open lol

red was red when i bought her but yes she seems to be going darker :)

here is the link to bbc i player we come on about 49 mins in and due to high profile peeps like sean Ellis we are only on for about 2 mins :) xx

http://www.bbc.co.uk...es_2_Wolf_Dogs/

Thanks for the link,

I was in the local newspaper this week. . .

but you got me beat hands down being on the telly. . .

Whhoooo hoooo superstar. . . lol biggrin.gif

red was red when i bought her but yes she seems to be going darker smile.gif

here is the link to bbc i player we come on about 49 mins in and due to high profile peeps like sean Ellis we are only on for about 2 mins smile.gif xx

http://www.bbc.co.uk...es_2_Wolf_Dogs/

Andy you can't view it on i player now sorry the link i sent you when i clicked it didn't have the programme anymore as it was last monday, just thinking of any other way you couls see it :(

I have it on dvd

ohhhh i am so jealous, all your pups are so beautiful. I have Nikita who is only 9 weeks and I am already looking to give her a "brother or sister". My husband thinks I am nuts. Thank you for sharing your pics!

Thank you Missy your Nikita is sooo stunning :)

Andy you can't view it on i player now sorry the link i sent you when i clicked it didn't have the programme anymore as it was last monday, just thinking of any other way you couls see it :(

I have it on dvd

Iplayer link worked for me. . .no probs and it has subtitles. . .I'm good thanks . . biggrin.gif

Welcome Katrina, your dogs are beautiful, looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing your stories. Enjoy the site, it is a great Forum. Is that a staffie in the background on the first photo? I luv staffies.

Welcome Katrina, your dogs are beautiful, looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing your stories. Enjoy the site, it is a great Forum. Is that a staffie in the background on the first photo? I luv staffies.

Hi Rosemary lovely greeting thank you...Yes that was our we cody a staffordshire bull terrier,sadly she passed away in october at the grand old age of 14...she was a great wee dog never an ill day in all her 14 years untill 3 days before she passed away she had a wee turn but was back up on her feet, and then she was wimpering a bit couple of days after so vet thought it best to bring her in an see her. her organs were failing due to old age she had a nap at 5.30 and never woke back up so she died peacefully in her sleep at the vets..she had two big litters in her lifetime 9 in her first litter and 8 pups in her second,but we only ever let her have 2 litters of pups and then got her dressed.wee nip and tuck i called it lol.we kept one of her pups from first litter another bitch but never let her have any pups as she wouldn't stand and it wasn't right to try she started having seizures a year ago and sadly her health deteriated very bad after her mum died she had lukeimia and was on lots of meds for collapsed trachea and seizures.three months to the day we lost her mum we lost her too both on the 21st of the month her name was Jay.

The nice part of all that sad story is that that is how we got CoJay his name ..after our 2 wee staffys Cody and Jay!!

Sorry for going into great length but i just wanted you to know that they still live on in our hearts and their legacy lives on through CoJay.

Thanks

katie

xx

awww katrina thats such a sad story - but nice that they both live on in cojay smile.gif ive got a staffy x - such great amazing dogs xx

Is thats Bings gorgeous dog...staffy's are great wee dogs big leap from 14 years of staffys to husky's for us rolleyes.gif lol