Money Issues

Lil Miss Bump

Omg i hate money issues sad.gif

i am netball captain and have to collect fees off my team ok?

well i have been chasing this girl who is now injured for her fees and i had to pay them in bulk last week so i'm out of pocket.

she has now text me saying she doesn't think it's fair that she has to pay her fees when she's injured when a girl who is away for a couple of months doesn't have to pay.

now i just said 'well i cant comment as i haven't played for approx 12 weeks and have still paid' coz if you guys remember i was in a cast............

but i'm out of pocket :-( i know it's only £27 but that is a lot of money to me-esp at the moment.....and now i don't know what to do. i just want to step down as captain and not have the issues anymore.

sad.gif

Aww Aimee its always tough when it comes to money issues especially between friendsunsure.gif

I think you should explain to her that you have paid it out of your own pocket and would appreciate it if she could pay you back.

Also even when you are injured etc if you are part of a team and intend to remain part of the team you should still pay your fees as I assume they go the the overall running of the club with expenses etc.

Hope you can work it out xx

I think the best wat is to get all your team together in a meeting and go through all the rules with them all, explain what the fees are for and why they still have to be paid, wether on holiday, sick.

This way your not getting at the one person your talking to all and then just say ' some of you are behind in your fee's so could you please make arrangements to pay.

That way it looks like she's not the only one and may not feel alianated and may pay up. good luck xxxx

thanks guys, i just feel i'm in such an awkward position sad.gif

i'd love to do a meeting linda but it's not down to me-there is a lady called Jo who runs the whole thing so i've contacted her and she's going to contact the girl so either way there is going to be a bit of an atmosphere.....i just hate this!!!

i think i'm going to step down, i've not played for ages anyway so i might just ask to be rang if a team need a player............bit gutted tho...just wish people could stick to what is right!!! RAH!!!

the other thing is that the fees include the umpire fees that i need to pay each week so that's going to go to pot too!!!!

aww aimee i know were your coming from we had this same thing when i was playing netball its not fair ..i did wot you want to do just play wen needed but certain people in the team didnt like it so i quit alltogether and regretted it so really think about wot you want .. i know its hard but dont regret it like me xxxxsmile.gifsmile.gif

awwh hun this sucks big time!! she shouldnt need asking to give you the money back! i bet if the tables where turned and it was the other way around she'd be banging your door down to get the money off you!!

hope it all works out for you hun...like the others said if you could join a different team then i would look into it...one that doesnt come with all the drama!! x x x x x x

Diz - I also played league netball years ago, and our Captain at the time tried for weeks to get one of us to take over as captain, she said she just wanted to enjoy playing netball, and that she hated the politics. Hope this is sorted out for you soon - £27 is a lot of money.