Baby food

Richards

Here's some tips,If your dog is a choosy/ Difficult eater like mine dry.gif I was putting some peanut better on Indigo's food because he did not wanna eat at all but know am putting baby food( Chicken mix). it's healthy so it's a plus.rolleyes.gif

Marie, if your putting baby food in your dogs dinner you need to read the labels very carefully to make sure theres nothing in it that might be fine for babies but poisonous for dogs such as onions. smile.gif

There's another approach to get your Sibe to eat. Rather than doctor the food with something, simply pull the food after ten or fifteen minutes. Do that a few times and your Sibe will quickly understand that if the food is not eaten it will be gone. If they don't eat for a few days, it won't have any ill-effect.

What food are you feeding? Maybe it's simply not tasty for them.

Peanut butter is OK, but not everyday unless the amount given is very minimal. As I'm sure you know, peanut butter is chock full of calories.

Baby food may or may not suit well with the digestive system, or the nutritional needs of a dog. It is, after all, designed to provide nutrition to human babies, whose needs are much different than Siberian Huskies.

Marie, if your putting baby food in your dogs dinner you need to read the labels very carefully to make sure theres nothing in it that might be fine for babies but poisonous for dogs such as onions. smile.gif

Did ask my vet about it before , He did tell me all this information thank you.:rolleyes:

There's another approach to get your Sibe to eat. Rather than doctor the food with something, simply pull the food after ten or fifteen minutes. Do that a few times and your Sibe will quickly understand that if the food is not eaten it will be gone. If they don't eat for a few days, it won't have any ill-effect.

Peanut butter is OK, but not everyday unless the amount given is very minimal. As I'm sure you know, peanut butter is chock full of calories.

Baby food may or may not suit well with the digestive system, or the nutritional needs of a dog. It is, after all, designed to provide nutrition to human babies, whose needs are much different than Siberian Huskies.

The peanut better and baby food are minimal, It's only for the Oder. :)

I feed them Purina Beneful for puppies they are not gonna wanna eat something else. :(

you dont know that they wont eat anything else and it doesnt hurt to try, some dogs will eat any brand of food.

we have wet food called natures diet over here and it is only 77p and i would rather give my dogs something specifically for dogs than something that was cheaper.

i refuse to give sakari or nukka any form of nuts even though i know small amounts is ok for them as long as not cheap brands which are higher in salts etc Peanut butter obviously no other nuts.

I just use meat to get them to eat semi cook it mis it with kibble let it abosrb the juics as i break it up mix it up then there is no issues eating.

or their 2nd fave is sardines in sunflower oil or tined tuna with kibble they go nuts for it

i refuse to give sakari or nukka any form of nuts even though i know small amounts is ok for them as long as not cheap brands which are higher in salts etc Peanut butter obviously no other nuts.

I just use meat to get them to eat semi cook it mis it with kibble let it abosrb the juics as i break it up mix it up then there is no issues eating.

or their 2nd fave is sardines in sunflower oil or tined tuna with kibble they go nuts for it

Mine no meats just the meats in the wet food or w/e.

you dont know that they wont eat anything else and it doesnt hurt to try, some dogs will eat any brand of food.

we have wet food called natures diet over here and it is only 77p and i would rather give my dogs something specifically for dogs than something that was cheaper.

Did try other stuff kelly. Thank you i know my dogs lol biggrin.gif

Marie, it's good that you know your own dogs. I'm sure Kelly knows her own dog(s), as I know my own dog. I believe Kelly was trying to be helpful, not challenging. Just because you believe baby food is proper for your dog, there are going to be some who will disagree with you. I would be one of those who disagree. One of your last posts indicated you feed Beneful for Puppies, and that you've tried other foods; but they won't eat them? It's true, some dogs will only eat certain foods, and are quite picky. Other dogs, of the same breed, will eat virtually anything. I could go on about the lack of benefits of feeding Beneful, but I'll save that for another day.

I assume you are a relatively young person, and I think it's great that you are taking such an interest in your dogs. Take the advice and comments, if not to heart, at least with an open mind. That's what I did on a recent post about getting a dog spayed before its first season or waiting. I've always taken the position that if at all possible, a female should be spayed before her first cycle. Now, my opinion is that it should be done after the first cycle. Why? Because of posts on this forum that I took with an open mind. There were others that disagreed with me. I could have taken their posts personally, as an attack, and responded as such. But you know what? I would have been the loser.

It's fine to disagree and to have a different opinion. But the hallmark of this forum, is to be open to new ideas, others' suggestions, to share, to learn, and to realize that we all love our Huskies and would do anything for our Huskies, because we are passionate about the breed. We all want what is best for them. Some of us are involved with our first Husky. Some of us have had two, three, or more. One thing that I think any Husky owner will agree on, is that Huskies are like no other breed. There is nothing in this world like having a Husky to share your life with.

And so to that end, I encourage you to take what is offered on this forum, not as criticism but as sincere efforts on our part to help you become better informed and be the best Husky caretaker that you can be, second to none.

Marie, it's good that you know your own dogs. I'm sure Kelly knows her own dog(s), as I know my own dog. I believe Kelly was trying to be helpful, not challenging. Just because you believe baby food is proper for your dog, there are going to be some who will disagree with you. I would be one of those who disagree. One of your last posts indicated you feed Beneful for Puppies, and that you've tried other foods; but they won't eat them? It's true, some dogs will only eat certain foods, and are quite picky. Other dogs, of the same breed, will eat virtually anything. I could go on about the lack of benefits of feeding Beneful, but I'll save that for another day.

I assume you are a relatively young person, and I think it's great that you are taking such an interest in your dogs. Take the advice and comments, if not to heart, at least with an open mind. That's what I did on a recent post about getting a dog spayed before its first season or waiting. I've always taken the position that if at all possible, a female should be spayed before her first cycle. Now, my opinion is that it should be done after the first cycle. Why? Because of posts on this forum that I took with an open mind. There were others that disagreed with me. I could have taken their posts personally, as an attack, and responded as such. But you know what? I would have been the loser.

It's fine to disagree and to have a different opinion. But the hallmark of this forum, is to be open to new ideas, others' suggestions, to share, to learn, and to realize that we all love our Huskies and would do anything for our Huskies, because we are passionate about the breed. We all want what is best for them. Some of us are involved with our first Husky. Some of us have had two, three, or more. One thing that I think any Husky owner will agree on, is that Huskies are like no other breed. There is nothing in this world like having a Husky to share your life with.

And so to that end, I encourage you to take what is offered on this forum, not as criticism but as sincere efforts on our part to help you become better informed and be the best Husky caretaker that you can be, second to none.

Wow dave that post should just be added as hotkey copy/paste sorta thing to all the admins keybords and just be pressed every time theres a disagreement on the site!!!!!

Absolutly couldnt agree more matey very well said!:D

why do you always try to pick a fight with her? we all know our dogs, but she is giving you advice and trying to help with your situation of picky eaters, there's no reason to talk like that to her, i noticed you do it to her in other topics. can we just be civil?

also dave, added to rep. very well said!biggrin.gif

Great posts Dave!

I agree with you :)

I am tougher on my dogs, I don't pander to them unless it's special circumstances - if they don't eat within ten minutes I take it away until the next meal and they get nothing (not even treats) in between. Most fussy dogs are created by their owners ;)

Great posts Dave!

I agree with you :)

I am tougher on my dogs, I don't pander to them unless it's special circumstances - if they don't eat within ten minutes I take it away until the next meal and they get nothing (not even treats) in between. Most fussy dogs are created by their owners ;)

i do the same thing. they need to know that if they aren't going to eat when food is given to them it isn't going to sit out all day until they're ready.