Forum Issues

Marc

He didn't call anyone any names, It states "dont treat me like one"

OK since we are being padantic let me rephrase ..

The next time anyone feels the need to use the word cunt in relation to a disagreement with another member, I will ban instantly. There is absolutly no need for it, there are thousands of other words in the english language that can be used to get the same point across without using a word that offends a LOT of people more than other swearing words are used.

Also I will quote the specific rule:

1.09 - Swearing is allowed on the forums (in moderation), however not on order to flame another member or staff.

I do believe whether it is swearing at or swearing in relation to, this clearly is against the rules.

I could also quote another section of the rules:

Posting a thread or reply to question or criticize a moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. If you are given specific instructions by any member of husky-owners staff, you must adhere to them immediately. If you disagree with said instructions, you may contact the staff, but please utilize the board’s messenger function, or email, if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

No offence, I know you just posted this in a polite manor, however I cannot accept that my warning to peter was not warrented, even if I posted it incorrectly. I had to come onto a thread whilst I was not at home on my mobile in order to deal with a comment that was out of order, highly abusive (and not just to the member concerned but others who find this vile).

Not only that, on a thread in which I am using to help me fix issues with a forum design I have spent months working on. Also only to be told by someone when I point out what is causing the issue I was asked about, that I am incorrect.

So again, my apologies if I mistakenly posted it incorrectly. I had absolutly zero patience at the time, with someone who will not accept the answer when he actually asked the question in the first place. I fail to see the point at all in the question if I cannot answer it.

Any questions or can I deal with the issues myself from now on?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes and that was addressed also. Simply because you do not see it in the topic does not mean it has not happened and this is why the issues are addressed by a member of staff. However in defence, he was simply not listening in any way shape or form and the word 'idiot' is not even in the same league. The reason Peters repremand was posted publically is because it is not offencive simply to one person. The word being used on this forum in the slightest is out of order. We are a family forum. If my 13 Yr old daughter calls me an idiot, she may get told off or I may laugh depending on the context of how it is used. How to you think I would react if she called me a c***?

In the same respect though, thankyou for the responce you just gave. Its very nice to see someone respond like that rather than kicking off as some others do. Need more of u on here :D

lol thanks for the respect and comment Marc :) I appreciate your words. I will of course be telling everyone about this site.

The one issue I do see is on the multi-quote +0 it overlaps the Multi-Quote and reply button slightly

Caught this one myself a few mins ago. Havent noticed it before LOL .. Cheers for that :)

on my computer the recent topics have light blueish silver about 1 quarter the way down then its dark blue, looks wrong, maybe my browser im using FF.

Hi Claire,

Please could you tell me what version of firefox you are using as it would seem it may be a fairly old version if you are getting this issue. As stated before I will be correcting it for all browsers, however I would suggest updating your browser. If you are unsure, click on Help>About in the toolbar on firefox and this will tell you.

the only thing i have found is recent topics dont show up when i come on, but are fine once i refresh page xxx

Linda this a post I made earlier. . sorts the problem out

Not an Issue as such, just something people may need to do.

I use google chrome and my bookmar/shortcut opens the site WITHOUT recent topic.

Deleted bookmark and made a new one

Job done.biggrin.gif

Doesn't matter which browser you use just delete you old bookmark / favoutite and make a new one for the site.smile.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

jennet .. The timezone issue is something that has been happening for a while and is related ot our server unfortunatly. Never have been able to fine out what is causing it. Only thing I can suggest for the min is moving yourself to a yourTimeZone+1 setting in order to correct it. Also have a check on the daylight savings setting in your options

In the gallery comments section the second comment has a dark blue background and so the comment cannot be read, see Sarahs Pic

http://www.husky-own...51-abcd0029jpg/

I would assume it may alternate 2nd 4th 6th etc.

Checked on other all other browsers, it is the same on all of them, most likely a forum issue rather than a browser specific issue.

In the gallery comments section the second comment has a dark blue background and so the comment cannot be read, see Sarahs Pic

http://www.husky-own...51-abcd0029jpg/

I would assume it may alternate 2nd 4th 6th etc.

Snap Andy....I was just coming to report the same thing. Sad now...I wanted to find an original problemlaugh.gif. Hmph....going to have to go fault finding.....hehehe