ENOUGH WITH IT ALREADY!

Joey.Zarly

Why do people think what's happening to animals is the 'circle of life' or the countries 'culture'.

Someone wrote this to me -

It is a disgusting act and I do not support it. But if they were snaffled up by a lion, or tiger, or w/e, they'd be ripped to shreds knocked out before hand or not (and more likely not) it is called THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.

She doesn't mean just that, she means animals who are being beaten, lit on fire, used as bate for whaling (cats), meat trade and fur (dogs) etc.

I'm disgusted, I understand that in the wild these things happen (being eaten) but not the above!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel as if i am over reacting? But this is just the way i feel about it, I cannot help how i feel, I really need to learn to relax but i just can't, I'm pretty fired up about her opinion!

This is what i wrote back to her.

The circle of life doesn't include what is going on around the world, I wont 'get real' and accept the fact that what is going on around the world is 'the circle of life' No, In the wild animals are not lit on fire, animals are not kept in tiny stalls until death not being able to move etc, Animals are not skinned alive so their fur can be used on toys, Animals are not beaten and thrown in garbage trucks, Animals are not put in tiny cages, crammed travelling many miles with no food or water only to be killed for meat or their fur, Well you get my point.

I understand there is a circle of life, but it doesn't include those things ^^

Cultures or not It's unfair on the animals, they deserve better.

You think the way they destroy dogs in the meat trade? is the circle of life??

You think the way these animals are kept like this?? Is the way their 'culture' does this? It's INHUMANE.

To you, I may have opened a can of worms, But i don't believe THIS is the circle of life, a culture that has been going on for many years.

This is my opinion.

No I agree Holly, there is actually very little about the human race that is natural anymore.. we seemed to have removed ourselves totally out of the circle of life so can not claim anything we do is within that, I have watched (for my course on animal welfare) some of the most horrific things I have ever seen in my whole life, the barbarism that happens to animals is some countries is just absolutly unimaginable!

Iv have cried buckets for how the world has become and I really truely pray (and anyones who knows me knows Im not overly religious and dont tend to bother them up there for trival things), I pray that the world can work itself right again, wether that is with humans having the epthany that the world isnt put here for their play thing or wether that happens to be the ending of the human race, something will give sooner or later! :(

I agree Sarah, it is frightening what we have become. As part of my signature I have the following quote by Mahatma Gandhi, an Indian philosopher: "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." If all countries were judged using this one quote as a guideline I think we would all fail miserably.

The world is seriously overpopulated, and with more mouths to feed, more 'efficient' ways of putting meat on the table are being found - these 'more efficient' ways are not, and never will be humane.

I agree Sarah, it is frightening what we have become. As part of my signature I have the following quote by Mahatma Gandhi, an Indian philosopher: "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." If all countries were judged using this one quote as a guideline I think we would all fail miserably.

The world is seriously overpopulated, and with more mouths to feed, more 'efficient' ways of putting meat on the table are being found - these 'more efficient' ways are not, and never will be humane.

Rosemary, I've heard that quote before its a brilliant one Gandhi was a very wise man. And yes I think your right the majority of the world would fail Im just glad that there are some people out there who might pass... and alot of them would be on this forum! :)

i agree holly but i dont think posting the pictures on a family forum was very appropriate, i wouldn't want children looking at those pictures

Sorry Joey but Im of the same stance on this. Couldnt agree more on the subject, however the images have had to be removed.

Seems to have removed some of the formatting from the thread, feel free to re-add as Im not sure what was in bold and what wasnt etc. My appologies for that.

such a good quote.

Totally agree holly i think it's awful the way these poor animals are treated :(

I'm glad i'm not the only one who can see what humans do to animals is wrong.

Although now i am being told otherwise by others who are standing up for the girl who thinks it's the 'circle of life', I wont stand down! I wont!

Sorry for the pictures, Thank you for removing them and that's fine about what was bolded etc :)

I apologise for the pictures.

Well, what's one more post of support. I agree with you as well Holly.

Thank you for the support guys! I really don't feel alone through this!

I've been talking with some people on that forum but they don't care, all they say is "fair enough" or "whatever", It makes me so sick inside to see that people don't care what's going on around the world, I want to make a difference but i'm just not sure how i am going to go about it, Should i go down to Tazzie and try and stop the sow stalls? Should i fly around the world to try and make a difference? I am not sure, although it would cost a lot!

I feel like i am making a mountain out of a moll hill, but i in a way don't believe i am because all i am doing is standing up for myself and the animals!

This is hard, but I want to try and make a difference!

it's actually a cultural thing. For one, China sells a lot of dog meat. They sell them as if they were pigs that were slaughtered. I can't stand it.

Don't let it bother you that much if you can try to suppress your anger.

You have your own belief. Live by it, Believe it. :)