Splitting up a dog fight and bitten :(

Sarah

OUCH :(

Went to the dog park tonight and all the huskies there got on brilliantly! Was so nice to see them all running about and playing so well :)

There were a few other dogs there as well which were so friendly :wub:

We were all sat on an embankment laughing at Odin trying his best to hump Big D - such a funny sight - Odin is a pup and a speck compared to big D LOL anyway......I got the dog bowl and filled it with water and this husky wannabe came over for a drink, Kimba stood waiting for his turn then all of a sudden this dog flipped, grabbed kimba and attacked him ohmy.gif Ozzy came over to back Kimba up I shouted and stood up and pulled Ozzy away then grabbed Kimba and pulled him off this other dog..... i then did a very stupid thing......I put myself between Kimba and this other dog and i'd do it again without a second thought......the dog bit my leg I screamed and swore unsure.gif and then i see marc grab the bag with the water bottles in and swing at the dog with it to get it away from me and Kimba

He has a good aim, the dog backed off just as the owner came over and asked if it was her dog that had bit me - i didn't lie !!! However, I explained that it wasn't her dogs fault that he had bitten me, it was my own and i was just in the way sort of thing, she apologised and soon left with her dog on a lead.

What has annoyed me is that she never once asked how Kimba was angry.gif he is actually ok and I checked him over before myself - in fact I couldn't check myself over - well not unless i wanted to drop my jeans round my ankles for all to see!! ohmy.gif

not a pretty picture but the bruising is already showing and it's really swollen and hot to touch :( good job i've had my tetanus!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ouch! If the area is hot, there might be an infection starting. Was the perpetrating dog up on all its shots?

i'd like to point out this dog had already gone for kimba and ozzy once when we first got into the park and i pulled those two away..........little sod!!!

that pic is lookin rough saz-use the spray!! wear a skirt 2mro so u can keep spraying urself under ur desk.............just don't 'ooooh and aaaaah' too much!!! wink.gif

Glad Kimba's alright, Ozzy protecting the pack lol ;P

put a plastic bag filled with ice on the injured area with a towel between the ice bag and the skin. 10 minutes on, 5 minutes off (keep repeating) to reduce the swelling

Also clean the wound with water. Stop any bleeding with pressure. Report all animal bites to the police or an animal control officer. Describe the animal, how the bite happened and the location of the animal when last seen.

For all bites that break the skin, call the victim's healthcare provider because you may need shots or other medicine to treat the bite.

Glad Kimba's alright, Ozzy protecting the pack lol ;P

put a plastic bag filled with ice on the injured area with a towel between the ice bag and the skin. 10 minutes on, 5 minutes off (keep repeating) to reduce the swelling

Also clean the wound with water. Stop any bleeding with pressure. Report all animal bites to the police or an animal control officer. Describe the animal, how the bite happened and the location of the animal when last seen.

For all bites that break the skin, call the victim's healthcare provider because you may need shots or other medicine to treat the bite.

thanks!!! Added to rep :up:

Just be careful with it, having your tetanus jab won't stop an infection. If it starts to get worse go to your gp and get some antibiotics.

Accidents happen, and we all get in places we really shouldn't, but its a spur of the moment thing, you act without thinking.

That dog park looks brilliant though, the fencing definitely looks good enough for huskies:lol:

I'm just picturing marc an his aim being so good after m,any hours of wii golf see all you moany women who go on about blokes on games its not a game its training i tell yee to protect you in such occasions

Encourage you're blokes to train more on computer games lol.

Glad kimba is ok though.

And as to the dropping jeans for all to see well it didn't bother you on that site lol

oh dear sarah as joined the club bloody hurts don't it lol, but you just don't think at all. When i got bit i didn't even realise till after i'd made sure the dogs had calmed down and were ok.

Then the only blood i found was mine, but yes your right sarah hurt or not we will do again. I still now 6 month later have a scar and still feels hard inside, it plays up now and then but don't hurt tomuch lol hope yours heals well xxxxxx