bloody hospitals an relaying info (contains swearing) so dont moan about it

KSNS

Ok so friday at 8pm my nan was rushed in to hospital because her heart stopped the hosputal had us all go in because they didn't think that she would survive comig of the of the ventilator that was doing the breathing for her so we are all their and they come and tell us that they will try an remove the tube at some point and if she can't breath on her own there is nothing they can do so we are all sat waiting an my grandad is in bits saying if she dies he dont wanna be here no more

So come 1:30am they tell us to go home as we can't do anything being their which ok is true we cant but no 1 will leave because its major waiting game so i say to every one ok every one go back to one place have drink or what ever just have some space and i will call them if i hear anything. so they all go off an im sat in waiting room come 4am i decide to go and ask whats going on an if any change so i can let people know. Turns out they removed teh tube at 2 am and didn't tell any of us and that is the critical point we were all waiting for so i let every one know my grandad rushed back an she starts to seizure again they sedate her an she rests an come 14 hours later of me being there and exhausted with a major build up of hate for waiting rooms. she comes around. Don't get me wrong great doctors but what the hell they should have let us knwo she managed to partialy breath on her ownj she still in intensive care unit but we were all waiting for this 1 bloody point as we know whats coming they should have told us at the bloody time they removed the tube

as tahst what they said if it faisl an she can't breath on her own that it. she dies. f*cking idiots excuse language

good at jobs sh*t as relations when they should be on the ball

Ok rant over an back to hospital in morning 14 hours straight was enough for me for now.

oh Keath i'm so sorry :( That's awful that they didn't let you know they'd taken the tube out!!!!

It's not easy at all spending all your time in hospital with your loved one :( After going through it all with my grandad for 3 months I totally feel for you hun and am always here if you want a chat xx

Cheers sarah its a load s**t when they tell yo if she cant get past a certain point its al over so why didn't they have the bloody sense to let us know when it was gonna happen we as a family are not impressed an feel so bad for my grandad.

but thank you xx

Yeah they did that with my grandad but kept us posted the whole time i feel so much for your grandad :( IT's got to be so tough for him to see her like that - my thoughts are with you and your family hun x

Im so sorry you've had such a rough time. Hospitals are just not what they should be .

We had a similar horrible experience with my grandad and they didnt tell us he had passed.

That is bad to not tell you that. :-(

dont get me wroingno complaints about them as if it wasn't for them half of us would have no chance but its just that little update an explanationof what happend what could happen an what actions they taken an taking does not hurt.

Sorry for you're loss. x

I guess they're an excuse of being doctors.

Are they experienced in what they're doing already?

That's a life in their left hand, and the heart of the family on their right hand.

I agree. That was really really wrong.

Try to speak with the Hospital officials for that concern.

I'd probably do the same.

It's not within their ethics in my opinion.

Awh keath thats awful :angry: no wonder you flipped- i would have done exactly the same without a doubt......i know they are doing their job etc but its also their job to let the family members know of any changes in condition etc....they had no right to keep it from you!!

hope your grandma is okay.....will be thinkin of you all x x x x x

awww keath,

i hope your nan is ok and hugs for you, your grandad and the rest of your family.

its so hard to sit and wait having no control. They should have informed you when they took the tube out !!!!angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

your grandad will be ok, my grandad said the same thing when my nan passed away.

lots of hugs and love for you and your family

if you need to chat or rant then pm me or call me

kelly

xxx

Keath we are all here for you.

Feel free to offload your frustration and anger on us.