Yay, ive managed to upload some pics!!!

fab!!

If you click on the pic in your gallery it will give you the option to "share" on the right - click the share button to expand your options then copy the "bb code" and paste this code into a post - your pics will then show up as Linda has posted them above :)

awwwwwwwwwwww i cant believe you changed her name from splodge!!!! she looks like a splodge!!!!

I like Splodge too. . lol. . .but "bubbles" would be better . . lol biggrin.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

We really couldnt get used to 'Splodge' and it seems more of a 'boys name' lol it was a toss up between Cleo and Tess (our boys wanted to call her Cleopatra) but Tess won the vote in the end, she is sooooo cheeky but doing really well, she does seem to be a little possessive over her food grumbling if we try to even just stroke her, i have moved her bowl about etc and again she grumbles and if given half a chance she would nick Gizzi's food too.

I imagine this is due to her being fed with the rest of the pups when with the breeder and then at many tears, we will continue to try and work on this and any advice on how to minimize 'food agression' would be welcomed x

Bubbles??????? have i missed something? lol

We really couldnt get used to 'Splodge' and it seems more of a 'boys name' lol it was a toss up between Cleo and Tess (our boys wanted to call her Cleopatra) but Tess won the vote in the end, she is sooooo cheeky but doing really well, she does seem to be a little possessive over her food grumbling if we try to even just stroke her, i have moved her bowl about etc and again she grumbles and if given half a chance she would nick Gizzi's food too.

I imagine this is due to her being fed with the rest of the pups when with the breeder and then at many tears, we will continue to try and work on this and any advice on how to minimize 'food agression' would be welcomed x

Bubbles??????? have i missed something? lol

I wouldn't rush the playing about with her food yet as it is still really early days and she has to learn to trust you and your family. In just one week,. she has been with litter mates and her mom in some grubby shed, moved to Many Tears and now to your house. I have never really messed with my dogs food unless necessary and always let them have a quiet nice kitchen for their dinner with no husband and child etc. I just stay in to make sure our lab doesn't pinch Arctic's food. I found the easiest way to let a dog mess with their food was to never take away, just add. Whilst she is eating, try to put something extra nice and tasty in so if for instance she is eating kibble food, try and get her attention and add something nice and tasty to her bowl like cheese or ham or a tasty titbit. Keep doing this and eventually they will associate you messing with their food bowl as getting something extra tasty. And you could just pull it a bit further away to add the tasty bit. Over 2 weeks or so, start lifting it off the ground to put extra bits in. In the end, she will let you take it as she thinks you are going to reward her with something tasty in it.

I know some people do think you should be able to take your dogs food away but I just think if you keep doing it too much, it will create more food aggression. If I was really hungry and someone kept trying to take my dinner away, I would growl too. I only think you need to be able to do it in case of an emergency if they have something in their bowl that you wouldn't want them to have.

There are some peeps on here who are better qualified than me to advise so I am sure they will be along soon to give you some hints and tips :D

Kirstie thats great advice and makes complete sense, i spose we didnt look at it from the most obvious point of view with her being moved about so much DOH!!!! and like you said i would grumble if someone tried to take my food!!

I like your suggestion of adding something special, i think we should take a little step back and allow her to settle some more and then in another week or so try adding to her bowl???? x

Sarah is right as well, before you put the food down, make her sit for it so she knows you are in charge. When my lab was a puppy, I used to pretend I was eating a biscuit or two before putting it down. These are messages that make sure they know who alpha is, I have let her have the food after I have had what I wanted.

I do require regular updates and pictures though on how she settles in. I really wanted Splash but he is now reserved so I need to get my fix by seeing how Tess grows!