KIRA's LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid_Wolf

SHE JUMPED FROM OUR BEDROOM WINDOW!!! :blink:

which is 1st floor

For those who dont know, we house share, so Kira is left in our bedroom when we have to leave her, and she can no longer be crated, so she has full run of the room...

Tonight I had BMX club with Kyle while Rick was at work, so I had a big tidy up, put all valuables (such as PS3 controllers lol) in drawers, turned of Draco's (the beardie) lights so he went to sleep, otherwise he runs about and becomes a tasty temptation :rolleyes:, filled her treat ball, left a bowl of food and water, and all toys on the bed....

Window upen (sash windows) with her crate in front of it.....

I met Rick from work on the way home and I went out the back to bring my bmx in, and as I opened the back door Kira jumped on me!!!!

Went in to ask Dave and Jen (housemates) if they had let Kira out and they said no they'd only just got home themselves...

There was a 30cm gap between the edge of the crate and the window.... SHE'D JUMPED OUT!!!!

We checked her over, no broken bones, no blood... theres not a mark on her!!!!

Theroetically she should be dead!! Or at least have broken a leg!!! :blink:

Im nearly in tears just thinking about what could have happened... :(

And there was me worried about her having a reaction to her boosters which she had this afternoon...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its awsome that she is ok but very close call...

You're house mates wouldn't lie at all would they not to cause troube but unless you're kira cna fly its a little remarkable to not even have a scratch.

but sticking to the positive its cool she is all good :-)

No the back door was still locked from when I went out... And the TV below our window was on the wonk (like something had crashed into it) and some stuff beside the winod had been knocked down...

Everyone was in shock that 1. she actually done it... and 2. that she was fine :blink:

you have a very brave dog lol but i would still go to vets just incase anything internal though im sure there isn't or would not have jumped up at you.

Bloody husky's doing this to their owners what are they thinking...grounded go to you're crate... lol

Thanks guys :) if shes ok then so am I :)

I just dont get WHY?? Why on earth would she be so STUPID??? :rolleyes:

glad she's okay sid, huskies can be escape artists, the crafty things!

if, for some reason you couldn't leave the crate in front of the window one day, have you got a fan you could leave on in the room when shes on her own as the room gets warm instead of leaving the window open? :) one thing we do with Nooks when we leave him on his own is put ice cubes in his water as well. not only does it keep him cool but he has great fun bobbing for them, taking them out into the hallway, crunching them up and leaving the bits everywhere so we come home to a rather wet hallway lol. i swear he does that for revenge for us leaving him on his own cool.gif

Nooks is glad Kira is okay too, he sends her lots of husky kisses!

Glad shes fine, cant believe that shes done that,...once that stupid mood kicks in they get up 2 alsorts of stuff. Mine kindly got behind his bed (we dont crate him) and chewed and pulled out the phone line cable. WHY???!!! lol its been there ever since hes been with us and hes not ever bothered with it!!! A nice £130 to repair it!

Glad shes all good tho

So glad Kira is ok Sid. .

How heavy is the crate??

Trouble is once they've done something once

They will want to do it again, especially if it's something they learned for themselves.

AND. . it gained her a LOT of attention which in her eyes is GOOD.

So if she can push that crate out of the way she'll try again.

IF she'd hurt herself she would have learned that it's not good to jump out of the window.

BUT she didn't so in her eyes it's still a good thing to do.

Can you Secure the crate so it can't be pushed out of the way.

or can you lock the window so it's only open say an inch at the most.

Not having a go Hun

Coz until something happens we DON'T know its gonna happen.

but once it has let's make sure it CAN'T happen again.

Hugs. . .

Thanks Andy, and everyone else too :)

The crates now wedged into place with the huge upright freezer thats in our room (its taller than me), its really heavy s she wont move it ;)

If she does then we know she does actually have super powers :lol: I cant move the effin thing :lol:

Thanks Andy, and everyone else too :)

The crates now wedged into place with the huge upright freezer thats in our room (its taller than me), its really heavy s she wont move it ;)

If she does then we know she does actually have super powers :lol: I cant move the effin thing :lol:

That's good, hopefully we can breathe easier now and not be waiting on tenterhooks for you to get home this afternoon to see if

Kira had gotten all Derren Brown on the window again. . lol biggrin.gif