Several Questions

Lvzbel

Hello I have several questions but first my puppy is now 7 months old and here is a picture of her

2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&&&outquality=90&ext=.jpg&limitsize=615,500

This is my first dog and so far everything was going great. but here comes my first question shes being dropping alot of hair since she was about 4 months old till now is has not stop i brush every week or so and I always pull end it with a bag full of hair.

I used a regular brush and the furminator to get everything out and I still cant wear a black shirt because it will end up full of hair. Is this normal? I read that shed alot but it only last weeks not months.

Second is feeding. when I got her I read that I should be feeding her 3 times a day because they eat lots as puppies. At 6 months change it to 2 times a day and at 1 year feed her once a day.

I was feeding her 1 cup each meal so in total I was giving her 3 cups a day of Blue Buffalo Wilderness. she used to it all every time and about 3 weeks ago she start it not eating She probably only eats once a day I tried feeding twice a day but she mostly eats in the morning. I have not notice A drop in weight but many people think she is skinny but I realize that husky breed look kind of skinny compare to other breeds.I am feeding her too much? to little? and how much should I feed her and how often.

Thanks for all you guys help in advance

Huskies shed constantly. I brush embry every night and collect handfuls from the brush and all my seating and shirts are covered with fur.

Also they eat when they want. Embry would go days without eating, if she isn't going to eat remove the food and give it to her at the next feeding session so she knows that it won't be sitting there for her all day. Or if you just want for her to eat, mix it with wet food.

it may be she is not going through an active growth phase at the moment, so she wont want to eat so much.

one of mine tends to eat very minimal one day then eat fine the next, the vet says she is a good weight and not loosing weight so not to worry.

if she has blown her coat then she will look skinny, plus siberian huskies are a lean breed, and not usually fat like a lot of other dog breeds can be.

if you are worried about her you can always get her weighed at the vets to see if she is loosing weight.

huskies will drop a little fur, but not large amounts.

when a husky blows its coat it usually takes a minimum of 2 weeks (more like 4 with our 2) brushing daily with a de-shedding tool, im not to sure about the furminator, i know it is very good, but there has been talk that it ruins the outer coat.

good luck

Touch wood sakari is not blowing coat at the mo yaaaa lol

so point 1 you have a husky welcome to fur land lol my old boy kodi who i rehomed he was a long winded coat blower every day for what feels like life but with age he is more reg for blowing his coat. i use dto leave bedroom nic clean fresh enter lounge an come out like i was auditioning for a part in teen wolf lol

The looking skinny comments are frmo people who dont really know anything of husky's i hate how mine look when blowing coat get all sorts of comments norm to which i snap back at lol

Nukka my pupp is fed 3 times a day an gets to 6 months will be on 2 meals a day just like my sakari i dont think i know any one who feeds their's once a day but im sure there are some who do it :-)

my elder boy is blowing at the moment, it last for him around 3 weeks - sigh

i get the odd bits of fur off them when they're not blowing but nothing like bags and bags a week

It happens to her and if i hug her with a black shirt it will end up grey

As Keath Said,

After blowing their coat they always look "skinny" especially around the waist it's quite normal. as their undercoat grows back you'll see they

appear to regain "weight" .

As for eating put the food out for 10-15 minutes if she doesn't eat it take it away until the next normal meal time

She will soon learn that she eats when you put it down or she goes hungry.

It is quite normal for them to sometimes go a day or more without eating, if it is more than 2 days this may be cause for concern.

If she is normal in everything else don't worry,

if she is not eating because she is not well you'll see she is also not acting her normal self.